Oct 21, 2014

A Horse With No Name



At the Sync Summit in Olympia, Will Morgan’s (A Few Shots to Shaman, 42 minutes) presentation was about horses and how they represent the libido, or phallus, via a sync exploration of Viggo Mortensen films. Of course, my ears perked up. Later on, he told me about Pegasus, the flying horse tamed by Bellerophon. Pegasus was the “bringer of Zeus’ lightning bolts”, and his name means “lightning”.



The Jewish Kabbala’s Tree of Life is said to be animated by a lightning flash, which is sometimes coded as 777.

To bring this all back to 9/11 (as everything must), the World Trade Center, representing the twin columns of the Tree of Life, were struck by American Airlines flight 777, thus bringing down Solomon’s Third Temple. Flight 777 was the “flying horse”, or Pegasus - Lightning!

Horse with no name

A short while later, I noticed a yacht tied up in Point Hudson Marina named Pegasus. I didn’t bother taking a pic of it, because the ladder obscured the name and the sync wasn’t that big of a deal to me… boats are named Pegasus all the time. But yesterday, I noticed that the name was gone! I had to investigate. So I walked down the finger pier to take a snapshot of the no name horse, and the owner walked down the dock behind me so I was able to engage him in conversation about his boat. He said that he’d recently bought it, and was changing the name to Libra. Being a sailor, he pointed to the sky at the constellation Pegasus and said “From here” and then pointing at the opposite direction, “to there!”

But I still recognized him
This was interesting to me because we are currently “in” Libra, and my birthday is also in Libra.

Libra is the seventh astrological sign in the Zodiac. Under the tropical zodiac, Sun transits this area on average between (northern autumnal equinox) September 23 and October 23… The symbol of the scales is based on the Scales of Justice held by Themis, the Greek personification of divine law and custom. She became the inspiration for modern depictions of Lady Justice. ~wikipedia

So this fearsome and magical horse is being renamed “Justice”.
“I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.” ~Thomas Jefferson
For my birthday, I received this crossword puzzle of NYC. You can see the Freedom Tower in downtown Manhattan, the building that replaced the Twin Towers after the Pegasus strike. I suppose it could be called the Fourth Temple of Solomon.


But this is when it gets interesting, sorry for the long intro. I continued to chat with the owner of Pegasus/Libra, and I asked about the distinctive rig, which featured a single, free-standing mast. He told me all about its carbon fiber construction, and when I asked who built it, he said:
“It’s a Freedom”.
That made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Did Bellerophon just let slip his next target?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails